عنوان مقاله [English]
Fluidized Catalytic Cracking is the most important unit in the big refineries. This process was experienced many changes. One of the most important novelties in this process was residue cracking. Today about 20% of feed of FCC Units is atmospheric and vacuum bottoms. In this paper a two stage regenerator of a RFCC unit was modeled based on cold computational fluid dynamics techniques. Fluent commercial code was used to solve conservation equations. Based on the Eulerian-Eulerian model, CFD model was established and contours of volume fraction of solid and fluctuation of dense bed height were derived as simulation results. Comparison of simulation results by industrial reports showed that the models could predict the behavior of reactor well.
1. ج. اچ. گری، گ. ای. هندورک، ترجمه س.م. مهدی بصیر، م. ب. پور سید، گ. ابوالحمد، "پالایش نفت"، مرکز نشر دانشگاهی (1380).
2. R.P. Fletcher, The history of fluidized catalytic cracking: A History of Innovation: 1942-2008, ACS Symposium Series; American Chemical Society, Washington,DC (2008).
3. R. Sadeghbeigi, “Fluid Catalytic Cracking Handbook”, Gulf Professional Publishing, (2000).
4. L. R. Williams, “Modeling and Optimization of a Two-Stage Regenerator Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit”, Doctor of Philosophy Thesis, Rice University, Houston, Texas (1998).
5. S. D. Sharma, T. Pugsley, “Three-Dimensional CFD Model of the Deaeration Rate of FCC Particles”, PARTICLE TECHNOLOGY AND FLUIDIZATION, Vol. 52, No. 7 (2006).
6. M. P. Schwarz1, J. Lee, “Reactive CFD simulation of an FCC regenerator”, Asia-Pac. J. Chem. Eng, vol 2: 347–354 (2007).
7. J. Gao, X. Lan, Y. Fan, J. Chang, G. Wang, C. Lu, and C. Xu, “CFD Modeling and Validation of the Turbulent Fluidized Bed of FCC Particles”, PARTICLE TECHNOLOGY AND FLUIDIZATION, Vol. 55, No. 7 (2009).
8. J. Chang, G. Wang, X. Lan, J. Gao, and K. Zhang, “Computational Investigation of a Turbulent Fluidized-bed FCC Regenerator”, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res, vol 52, 4000−4010 (2013).
9. Guangwu Tang, “Numerical Simulation of Industrial Fluid Catalytic Cracking Regenerator and Riser”, Master of Science in Engineering Thesis, Purdue University, Hammond, Indiana, (2013).
10. گ. ابوالحمد، "مبانی پالایش نفت"، انتشارات دانشگاه تهران(1384).
11. UOP Fluid Catalytic Cracking Process, Process Technology Manual, Orpic, Sohar, Oman(2012).